Environmental management practices include the protection, conservation and sustainable use of various elements and components of the environment. These measures result in sustainable development that meets the needs of the present generation without compromising the ability of the future generations, by maintaining the carrying capacity of the supporting system.
Global Sanitation Environmental Project experience in this field includes development projects both in rural and urban setting, and covering the following areas:
- Water supply and Sanitation
- Control against Environmental Pollution
- Water Resources Development and Management
- Solid Waste Management
- Design of Sanitation and Environmental Sector Programmes
- Design and Development of Community Sewerage and Sewage Disposal Projects
- Preparation of Resource Master Plans
- Development of Rural Urban Sanitation Infrastructures.